Sunday, March 25, 2007

I do not believe in a supreme being. I said that long ago,surrounded by confirmation attending classmates. I remember once debating a group of students, who apparently believed in christianity but practiced none of its tenets other than harassing and shunning non-believers; I remember harassment from a classmate who then died a month after graduation, decapitated in a car accident. Apparently god didn't care about her belief. I became more tolerant over time, often forced by circumstance. Keep your mouth shut. Don't irritate your friends. All beliefs are equal.

They aren't.

Either something is, or it isn't, at least at this level of physical reality.

I am sick of being ruled by people who worship a god that didn't exist and still doesn't. That mormons get credit despite the bizarre and crazed story of their founder and his lies . People look askance at Tom Cruise and scientology, but if you hold up the bible or the koran, you suddenly earn respect and noone can argue with you. Jesus was not divine. Neither was Muhammed. Their god didn't exist, still doesn't, and theology is a pseudoscience.

Don't bring it around me anymore. I am tired of that drivel.

No comments: